The Site & Location
- We are an Adult only site and we do not allow any additional visitors on-site for security and animal welfare reasons.
- We are situated on the very edge of the South Downs National Park, in our very own green agricultural bubble that is affectionately known as the 'The Shire' by friends. The surrounding area is quite busy, but here at Swallow Beck, once on-site, you tend to forget how close you are to civilisation.
- The site has remote viewing CCTV cameras so no matter what, we can check the safety of our beautiful animals.
- The site is flat and has views towards Goodwood Racecourse up to the Trundle in the South Downs National Park.
- It has excellent views of aircraft taking off and landing on runways 14/32 at Goodwood Airfield. The Spitfire can be seen regularly, along with other vintage and modern light aircraft.
Animals, their Welfare and Scary Things like Awnings!
- As we are a working Stud, due to the Welfare of the ponies we request that you DO NOT put up or take down your awnings in windy weather as the flapping of the sheets or any potential bits getting lose will cause the ponies to panic with the potential for serious injury. This would not be good for the pregnant mares, youngstock or indeed any of the animals. So please try and watch the forecast carefully.
- Please also ensure your belongings and refuse are secure and cannot blow around as again this will be conceived as a 'pack of wolves' chasing the stud animals. Crisp packets are VERY SCARY.
- We have our own yard cat, 'Shmoo' who is a much loved member of our yard team and he works very diligently for us. Please don't allow him into your van or cars and definitely no food, he does have a habit of jumping in cars to be nosey.
- Cats are welcome as long as they are kept in the vans and supervised in awnings.
- For now, sorry, NO DOGS ALLOWED
The Connemara Ponies
- PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THE HORSES - STRICTLY NO FEEDING OF ANY KIND. FEEDING THINGS THAT HUMANS CONSIDER NORMAL, CAN KILL.
- We have elderly animals here on strict expensive medication and diets. Some are diabetic (EMS) with Cushings disease, COPD and heart murmurs.
- COVID-19. We request that you do not touch the horses, we know it's tempting especially if you have horses of your own, but please have consideration for the hygiene of ourselves, staff and visitors.
Arriving & Leaving
- CHECKOUT: Before Midday ARRIVAL: After 2pm and before 6pm
- On the day of travel please text us to let us know your estimated arrival time.
- The CAMC have stipulated that you must enter approaching from the WEST. This is due to the turning circle into the entrance. If you are facing the wrong direction please just drive to the roundabout (there are 2, one at both ends of Madgwick Lane) and turn round so you are approaching FROM the WEST (or facing East if you prefer).
- The Entrance is very concealed. Instructions will be given in your booking confirmation email once payment for your stay has been received.
- Come and check-in at the Site Office down at the yard
- Minimum Stay is 3 nights, recommended by CAMC. We may have single nights available in emergency, so please email.
- The ground is very hard during the summer as we are on gravel.
- We suggest you use a drill and the heavy duty screw tent pegs as you will probably end up bending a lot of the normal one's which may well leave your awning insecure.
- We do tend to get strong South Westerly winds, although the hedge does afford plenty of protection for the vans.
- We will have a small stock of 'Emergency Camping Items' for Sale in our Office.
- Goodwood House, Racecourse, Airfield and Motor Circuit
- Chichester Festival Theatre, Chichester
- Tinwood Vineyard
- Weald & Downland Museum, Singleton
- Chichester Harbour
- Chichester Cathedral
- Fontwell Racecourse
Restaurants & Cafe's
- Hallidays Restaurant, Funtington
10% discount during your visit to us.
- Chichester Park Hotel
- Crouchers End, Birdham
- The Earl of March, Lavant
- The Fox Runs Free, Singleton
- The Gallery Tea Rooms, Singleton
Booking advisable, excellent home cooking - 01243 811899
- Chichester Caravans, Southbourne
- Sainsbury's, Westhampnett Rd
Includes closest Pharmacy
- Marks & Spencers Food Hall, Portfield Retail Pk
- Currys, Portfield Retail Pk
- John Lewis, Portfield Retail Pk
- Pets @ Home, Portfield Retail Pk
- Homebase, Westhampnett Rd
- Lidl & Aldi, Westhampnett Rd
- Bicycle Repair - John Lloyd
'The Local Spokes Man - Bike Repair' Facebook07788 102005
- Vehicles - Eames Motors, St James Ind Est.
chichester-tyres.co.uk - 01243 717572